Come and talk about the election!
The Center for Communication and Civic Engagement and the Center for American Politics and Public Policy will be co-sponsoring a brown bag series on the 2008 elections. We have changed some of the dates to accommodate different schedules. Here is the revised schedule:
- Wednesday, September 17 in Communications 126 from 12:00-1:30
- Wednesday, October 1 in Communications 126 from 12:00-1:30
- Thursday, October 16 in Gowen 1A from 12:00-1:30
- Tuesday, October 28 in Gowen 1A from 12:00-1:30
- Wednesday, November 5 in Communications 126 from 12:00-1:30
Our first session is Wednesday, Sept. 17. Peter Van Aelst, from the University of Antwerp in Belgium, who is a visiting postdoc researcher at UW this year, will be presenting on “Covering Elections Abroad: How Europe Sees the U.S. 2008 Presidential Elections.” Lance Bennett and Mark Smith will be serving as discussants and will address how the election is being covered domestically within the U.S.
We aim to keep the formal presentations short to allow plenty of time for discussion, and we are ordering box lunches that will be free to the first 15 attendees. Come join us so that we can put our collective minds together to make sense of the twists and turns of the 2008 elections.