The CCCE and its Learning Communities have been busy this year. The 2008 newsletter has the latest updates on:
- Becoming Citizens connects undergraduate interns with Seattle-area youth.
- What’s the Economy For, Anyway? addresses quality of life, social justice and sustainability.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter David Cay Johnston discussed big money, taxes, and how much of what we pay to the government goes to corporations and moguls during a Citizen Roundtable.
- CCCE is using grants from the MacArthur Foundation and Surdna Foundation to address what kinds of civic skills young people may be learning in online environments and to build advocacy skills training modules.
- Seattle youth commons Puget Sound Off is scheduled to launch in September.
- CCCE director Lance Bennett receives National Communication Association and University of Washington awards.